Kyle Stanley wrote:
> While I'm -1 on the original proposal, I think the idea of PurePath.__len__
> returning the number of components in the path may be worth some further
> consideration.

FYI PEP 428 says:

    In this proposal, the path classes do not derive from a builtin type. This
contrasts with some other Path class proposals which were derived from str.
They also do not pretend to implement the sequence protocol: if you want a path
to act as a sequence, you have to lookup a dedicated attribute (the parts
attribute).

So while __len__() is not the whole sequence protocol, it seems like the idea
was to explicitely use `len(path.parts)` instead of `len(path)` for this.