Does there need to be a webapp? Or could it just be a JSON-LD file in a
static site; maybe with a GH Action that validates (and maybe generates)
the data according to a schema.

Here's a rough sketch of a schema for this data:

"Generate Misc/NEWS from individual files" (2017)
https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/6#issuecomment-290493601