On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 14:26, Stestagg <stest...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All valid points, I'd recommend catching up on the entire thread, it'll be a
> lot quicker than re-iterating them here.

I have been reading the thread (admittedly skimming). I've seen
nothing yet to suggest that there's a useful change to Python in here.

> The highly condensed tl;dr version is that list(d.items())[n] is sometimes
> the fastest option, but sometimes not, it's not always faster (sometimes many
> thousands of times slowe) nor the most readable version, but is more readable
> than the next(iter(dict.keys()) alternative that's been mooted.

I don't dispute any of that (except maybe the readability comment,
which is subjective). But that's still just saying there are different
ways *in current Python* to do this, with different performance
characteristics. I guess if that's all you were saying, then I can
just respond "yes".

Paul