pyrsistent.PMap and PRecord may be worth a look:

https://pyrsistent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html#pyrsistent.PMap :

> Persistent map/dict. Tries to follow the same naming conventions as the
built in dict where feasible.

> Do not instantiate directly, instead use the factory functions m() or
pmap() to create an instance.

> Was originally written as a very close copy of the Clojure equivalent but
was later rewritten to closer re-assemble the python dict. This means that
a sparse vector (a PVector) of buckets is used. The keys are hashed and the
elements inserted at position hash % len(bucket_vector). Whenever the map
size exceeds 2/3 of the containing vectors size the map is reallocated to a
vector of double the size. This is done to avoid excessive hash collisions.

> This structure corresponds most closely to the built in dict type and is
intended as a replacement. Where the semantics are the same (more or less)
the same function names have been used but for some cases it is not
possible, for example assignments and deletion of values.

> PMap implements the Mapping protocol and is Hashable. It also supports
dot-notation for element access.

https://pyrsistent.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro.html#pyrsistent :

> Pyrsistent is a number of persistent collections (by some referred to as
functional data structures). Persistent in the sense that they are
immutable.

> All methods on a data structure that would normally mutate it instead
return a new copy of the structure containing the requested updates. The
original structure is left untouched.

> This will simplify the reasoning about what a program does since no
hidden side effects ever can take place to these data structures. You can
rest assured that the object you hold a reference to will remain the same
throughout its lifetime and need not worry that somewhere five stack levels
below you in the darkest corner of your application someone has decided to
remove that element that you expected to be there.

> Pyrsistent is influenced by persistent data structures such as those
found in the standard library of Clojure. The data structures are designed
to share common elements through path copying. It aims at taking these
concepts and make them as pythonic as possible so that they can be easily
integrated into any python program without hassle.