On 2020-07-29 at 07:09:05 -0700,
Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:

> I honestly and strongly believe that we should do nothing here. Python
> thrives because it is relatively simple. Adding new syntax to deal
> with looping special cases makes it less simple, and encourages a bad
> coding style (nested loops, multiple breaks...).

I was about to go off on another Get Off My Lawn rant, so thank you for
putting this so succintly and so politely.  :-)

If I end up with more than one flag controlling my search loop, then
it's time to break (pun intended) the logic into smaller/simpler pieces
rather than to look for a more complicated language construct.