Jonathan,

It sounds like you want to propose a competing PEP that provides your
kwkey as a built-in as an alternative to PEP 637.

I encourage you to do so, although I have no interest in acting as
sponsor, and I fear that your window of opportunity to write a competing
PEP is small.

Alternatively, you could write a PEP that proposes a new kwkey object as
complementary to, not competing with, PEP 637. That would provide a
"kwkey" builtin similar to slice(), and people can explicitly opt-in to
using it:

    # plan old PEP 637 semantics
    obj[spam, eggs, cheese='cheddar', aardvark=True]

    # explicit use of kwkey
    obj[kwkey(spam, eggs, cheese='cheddar', aardvark=True)]

Another possibility is that you are not advocating for subscript
keywords, and you prefer the status quo. (Your kwkey project counts as
the status quo. It involves no new syntax or language features. Anyone
can write their own kwkey class, or install a third-party library to use
it.) Perhaps you agreed to co-author PEP 637 to have it rejected once
and for all, not accepted, and you think that the current PEP is not
neutral enough and advocates too strongly for the feature.

PEPs can, and often are, written to be rejected. The PEP then becomes
the canonical record of why the feature has been rejected. It is
unfortunate if you and Stefano had radically opposite reasons for
writing the PEP, but I think that's something the two of you should sort
out and find some middle ground.

Unfortunately Jonathan, I cannot tell from your post what your purpose
is. I cannot tell if you oppose or support PEP 637, whether you want to
propose a competing PEP, a complementary PEP, or just want to get credit
for your kwkey project by having it mentioned in the PEP, or what
exactly you want.

I will comment further on the details in your post in another
message.