On 16/10/2020 03:46, Guido van Rossum wrote:

Let's add a function os.clear(), and perhaps IDLE (or some enterprising IDLE hacker) can monkey-patch that to do whatever makes IDLE's shell reset.

May I suggest it be called os.clearscreen()?  The os module has functions related to file systems, processes (maybe others I've missed) as well as to the screen so the meaning of os.clear() may not be obvious.  (If it clears scroll buffers as well as the physical screen, even that name is not completely accurate, but I can't think of anything better.)
Best wishes
Rob Cliffe