On 2020-10-27 23:10, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
And in dict displays, where generalized slices could be used as
components, rather than treating ':' merely as a separator.  (I write
"generalized" because I presume slices are currently specialized to
ints).

Non-int slices are valid and are used for instance by pandas, where you can do things like `mydataframe.loc['some_row':'other_row', 'some_column':'other_column']` .

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."