On 2020-12-26 16:34, Greg Ewing wrote:
On 27/12/20 10:15 am, Christopher Barker wrote:
It does seem like ** could be usable with any iterable that returns
pairs of objects. However the trick is that when you iterate a dict, you
get the keys, not the items, which makes me think that the only thing
you should *need* is an items() method that returns an iterable (pf
pairs of objects).

It seems to me it would be more fundamental to use iteration to get
the keys and indexing to get the corresponding values. You're only
relying on dunder methods then.

This is what I was thinking as well. I don't like the idea of relying on a non-dunder method like .keys() to implement syntax like ** unpacking.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."