> On 4 Jan 2021, at 14:27, Chris Antonellis <christopher.antonel...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> `system_dependencies`
> ---------------------
> System dependencies to install with `yum` prior to building.
> Entries are expected to be in `yum` `name-version` format.

If dnf is avaiable I think it is better to use dnf over yum.

So your intention is to install deps so that a package can to source compiler
and linked?

That will only work for root.

You might want to output the yum/dnf command and ask the user to run that
command
then retry the install.

Also not that you will need to know for each distro where to find the deps.
I do not think you can rely of package names across distros.

> `environment_variables`
> -----------------------
> Environment variables to set prior to building.
>
> `python_dependencies`
> Python libraries to install with `pip` prior to building.
> Will be installed for each version of python available in
> `/opt/python/`.

At least with Centos 8 and fedora its /usr that python and its libs are
installed into not /opt.
Are you thinking of SCL here?

Barry