Study was in calculators, yeah.

https://vdocuments.mx/electronic-calculators-which-notation-is-the-better.html

Can't argue that long equations are hard to read.  The question is
which is harder.  A slew of parenthesis makes a mess that's difficult
to detangle.

Practice is a strange thing…I picked it up in under 90 seconds and it
made immediate sense (I even tried doing algebraic proofs in it—which
required me to invent rules about how to handle that—and found a
generalization of a prior simple proof by accident).  I'm not much
affected by pre-existing knowledge that way, though, which is a
distinct habit I've trained in:  familiarity with algebraic notation
(like all familiarity) naturally causes a conflict where the brain
assumes a new thing can be identified as like an old thing, which it
is currently able to handle, and (greatly) reduce energy consumption
by rejecting this new thing in favor of the old thing; I obsessively
consume new knowledge and use prior knowledge to make it accessible by
analogy.  It does look like a bunch of garble, on the face, requiring
intent to take a closer look.

Familiarity is no small advantage, in many ways.  Transitioning to
Dvorak was way, way harder than RPN; as many others have noticed,
reports of amazing speed gains have been overstated, but it's a lot
more comfortable.  This comes with the disadvantage that any keyboard
shortcuts organized for spatial logical proximity are now scattered
nonsense.  The point is salient.