On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 6:41 PM Shreyan Avigyan
<pythonshreya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes you are right. But isn't informing people about a change the work of PEP?
> I mean this is kind of a major change because we're trying to change the
> error message and/or the type. If the type is not changed then no PEP is
> required but if the type is changed then there comes a maybe. What should be
> the perfect solution?

IMO there's no need to change the type of the exception;
ModuleNotFoundError is fine here. Changing the text is a fairly simple
thing, so it can be discussed with a simple tracker issue. Any program
that attempts to import curses, and has a fallback if that fails,
would continue to work correctly after this change.

ChrisA
(PEP editor)