12.04.21 21:49, Christopher Barker пише:
> Over the years, I've seen __version__ used very broadly but not *quite*
> in all packages. I've always known it was a convention, not a
> requirement. But it turns out it's not even a "official" convention.

If I have a time I finish my large patch for getting rid of __version__
and other outdated variables. It was approved previously
(https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-...@python.org/thread/KBU4EU2JULXSMUZULD5HJJWCGOMN52MK/).
It is not simple, because it should be treated on case by case basis,
and there are several groups of similar cases, so finally it will
resulted in a series of PRs.