On 2021-04-30 at 14:14:50 -0400,
David Álvarez Lombardi <alvarezd...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> new = c"x.lower() for x in old if x in HARDCODED_LIST"  # filter-in chars
> that appear in earlier-defined HARDCODED_LIST and convert to lower
> new = c"x for x in old if not x.isprintable()"  # filter-in
> non-printable chars
> new = c"str(int(x) + 1) for x in old if isinstance(x, int)"  # increment
> all integers by 1

[...]

> My goal is to *decrease* complexity, and personal/higher-order/nested
> procedures do not accomplish this in my eyes.

Embedding a[nother] domain specific language in a string also doesn't
decrease complexity; look at all the regular expression builders.

Unless you're a core developer (or perhaps not even then), I suspect
that most library functions started as "personal" functions.  Hey,
here's something I need for this project ... hey, I just wrote that for
the last project ... how many times will I write this before I stick it
in general_utilities ... let's see what python-ideas thinks ...

Add the following to your personal library and see how many times you
use it in the coming weeks or months:

    def string_from_iterable_of_characters(iterable):
        return ''.join(iterable)

I haven't tested anything, but string_from_iterable_of_characters should
take everything inside your c-strings unchanged.