Thank you Thomas for concisely and fairly reporting your experience, and
based on that suggesting a way to improve Python. Thank you for taking the
time to do this.

Here's a typo that caused a bug (which inconvenienced the original poster):

context.miunimum_version = ssl.TLSVersion.TLSv1_3
> context.minimum_version = ssl.TLSVersion.TLSv1_3

Here's the fix the original poster suggested:

I'd like invalid attribute assignment to be prevented at runtime

This can already be done, if type(context) is defined using __slots__.
However, a search in the docs for slots is not so helpful.
 https://docs.python.org/3/search.html?q=slots

Some of the better search results (for the question asked) seem to be:

https://docs.python.org/3/reference/datamodel.html?highlight=slots#object.__slots__
https://docs.python.org/3/reference/datamodel.html?highlight=slots
https://docs.python.org/3/howto/descriptor.html?highlight=slots

I see two ideas here. One idea is to improve the documentation for
__slots__, and perhaps provide tools that make it easier to create a class
that uses slots.

Here's a challenge. Find a page in docs.python.org that describes clearly,
with helpful examples, when and how to use __slots__.

The second idea, which the OP asks for, is a change to type(context) in the
standard library ssl module. Here note:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/ssl.html
Warning Don’t use this module without reading the Security considerations.
Doing so may lead to a false sense of security, as the default settings of
the ssl module are not necessarily appropriate for your application.

Given that context is important for security, perhaps it's worthwhile
closing the door to spelling errors creating security holes.

--
Jonathan