Dear Developers,

Some of you may have noticed I updated my proposal on the subject
yesterday. I'm afraid it was too long without a summary, so here is
one. I hope this will be helpful to some people.

Summary of the refreshed proposal
    A simple new rule describes a well expectable interpretation of
    natural but currently invalid expressions (mainly those involving
    stars) which extends the already given interpretation of already
    valid expressions.

(3) There's a difference from PEP 646:
    Unlike with PEP 646, we won't have e.g.,

      a[*[y]]

    as a valid expression which is _not_ equivalent to

      a[y]

The origianal post (sorry about its length) can be found at

https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/BEGGQEU6MG7RYIY7HB4I6VQ23L6TXB6H/

as well as the entire thread at

https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/thread/V2WFMNVJLUBXVQFPNHH4TJNRYNPK2BKJ/#BEGGQEU6MG7RYIY7HB4I6VQ23L6TXB6H

Note:
In the original post, the description of how __getitem__ (etc.) method
would be got was not precise. However, I hope what I wrote makes sense
for most situations.

Best regards,
Takuo Matsuoka