On 2021-10-06 at 08:52:22 -0600,
Finn Mason <finnjavie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a huge fan. Sure, dicts are ordered now, but I doubt that many
> people use that feature. I honestly still think of them as unordered
> ;)

+1 on still think of mappings as unordered (but finding myself screaming
Get Off My Lawn more and more).  I won't comment on popularity, except
to note that there's a big part of me that thinks that it's popular for
all the wrong reasons.

I don't have any new arguments, but call me -1 on making mappings less
distinct from lists, unless and until there is *no* performance penalty
(space or speed) for using the former instead of the latter.