On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 05:10:45PM -0700, Jelle Zijlstra wrote:

> Your other post mostly attracted sarcastic replies, so I'll be more direct:
> It's highly unlikely that this will go anywhere.

Jelle, the second part of your sentence may be true, but the first part
is not. It is unfair and inaccurate to say that the other post "mostly"
attracted sarcastic replies.

There was exactly one post that used sarcasm, by Ricky, and that was not
biting or aggressive sarcasm, but just a bit of humour: that using unary
operators for swapcase and titlecase could save a lot of typing.

Ironically, Ricky's in-fun suggestion that we use the tilde operator for
swapcase was the only suggestion in these two threads that actually met
the invariant for an inverse that ~~x == x.