El jue, 11 nov 2021 a las 5:41, Matt del Valle (<matthew...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> So I was reading the docs for the `threading` module and I stumbled upon
> this little note:
>
> Note:
>
> In the Python 2.x series, this module contained camelCase names for some
> methods and functions. These are deprecated as of Python 3.10, but they are
> still supported for compatibility with Python 2.5 and lower.
>

> And it got me thinking.
>
> Given that there is some precedent, would it be feasible to make a
> concerted effort to add aliases across the board for all public-facing
> stdlib types and functions that don't follow pep8-recommended casing?
>

> Like most people commenting here, I'm not excited about this proposal. I
have some concrete experience to add: In the threading module, we did
rename a number of methods to snake_case for Python 3, but kept the old
camelCase names around. I worked on explicitly deprecating some of those
names (https://bugs.python.org/issue43723), because the documentation
already claimed they were going to be deprecated, and in retrospect I don't
feel like that was a very useful contribution. It just introduces churn to
a bunch of codebases and makes it harder to write multiversion code.