> *PEP 671: Syntax for late-bound function argument defaults*
>
> Questions, for you all:
>
> 1) If this feature existed in Python 3.11 exactly as described, would
> you use it?

Yes

> 2) Independently: Is the syntactic distinction between "=" and "=>" a
> cognitive burden?

No, but it will be cognitive burden with shorthand lambda proposed
syntax, for example
def x(a: (b, c)=>c):
is annotation for a (b, c) or maybe (b, c)=>c

> (It's absolutely valid to say "yes" and "yes", and feel free to say
> which of those pulls is the stronger one.)
>
> 3) If "yes" to question 1, would you use it for any/all of (a) mutable
> defaults, (b) referencing things that might have changed, (c)
> referencing other arguments, (d) something else?

mostly (a), sometimes (c)

> 4) If "no" to question 1, is there some other spelling or other small
> change that WOULD mean you would use it? (Some examples in the PEP.)

While I answered yes to question 1, personally I would prefer not
adding new syntax, but switching completly to late defaults (requiring
future import for some next versions)

> 5) Do you know how to compile CPython from source, and would you be
> willing to try this out? Please? :)

Don't have enough time.