Mark Dickinson wrote:
> Unrelated question: under this proposal, what would you want
> `Fraction(10**400) / 1e200` to do? Should it also produce a `float`
> approximation to 1e200, or is it okay for it to raise `OverflowError` as it
> currently does?

Somehow that sounds like a trick question :-). I'd say 1e200, yes, although
didn't think much about it.

Btw the full error message I get for that is "OverflowError: integer division
result too large for a float". Even for `Fraction(10**400, 3) / 3.14`. Saying
"integer division" when neither operand is an integer and I'm also not using
`//` feels suboptimal.