> On 20 Feb 2022, at 08:56, Eliot Lear <el...@lear.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm sure there's a clear answer, probably written some place obvious, but I
> wonder if there is a reason why certain functions are not linked to
> console_scripts.  In particular I would think this would be good for
> json.tool (though I might call it something else, like pyjson_pp).  Same with
> venv. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

You can use from the CLI like this for modules that a __main__.py has been
provided.
This includes pip, json, venv, tarfile and zip file (off the top of my head).

python -m pip list
python -m json <jaon-file>
python -m venv
etc.

On windows you would use py not python for preference:

py -m pip list
etc.

This is documented for the modules I named above. Is that what you are after?

Barry