30.03.22 14:05, Adrian Torres Justo пише:
We've used a lot of boolean environment variables in a recent project I've been working on, this led us to create a wrapper to os.getenv that essentially converts the result to a boolean using distutils.util.strtobool if an optional kwarg to our wrapper is set to True.

Would it be far-fetched to have os.getenv incorporate this functionality? We already have the building blocks (strtobool and getenv), and the signature change would be minimal and backwards-compatible:

def getenv(key, default=None, to_bool=False):

Why not use just to_bool(getenv(key))?

The implementation would be trivial too.

No. There would be hundreds different trivial implementations.