On Fri, Dec 02, 2022 at 03:48:36AM -0700, Anony Mous wrote:
> These objections -- such as they are -- are all applicable to every
> instance of "I wrote a function" or even "I named a variable" in any
> particular namespace: not just within imports, either. Anywhere. Global
> context. Sub functions. etc.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between **non-collisions**
of names in different namespaces, and **actual collisions** of names in
the same namespace, makes me sad.

The idea that you have absolutely nothing to learn from the hard-won
experience of other developers is why we have so much unmaintainable,
bad code in the world :-(

> coddle weak and/or lazy programmers while crippling the rest.

Oh, we have a Real Programmerâ„¢ here.

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/story-of-mel.html

I'm glad that your Python pre-processor works for you.