def does_string_have_currency_mark(s):
    return bool(set(s) & set(unicode_categories['Sc'])

def does_string_have_numeric_digit(s): ...

... and so on.  Those seem like questions one asks often enough. Not
every day, but more than never.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2023 at 4:59 PM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 at 06:54, David Mertz, Ph.D. <david.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > If we're talking PyPI, it would be nice to have:
> >
> > unicode_categories = {"Zs": [...], "Ll": [...], ...}
> >
> > For all the various categories.  It would just take one pass through
> > all the characters to generate it, but then every category would be
> > fast to access later.  On the other hand, it's a few lines of code
> > with a lazy import.  Probably not enough code to put on PyPI.
> >

> Question: What is the advantage of having this? What are the use-cases?
>
> ChrisA
> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/4ZFJWXPYS6TWU7XBA5G63RY5H4KGOSW2/

The dead increasingly dominate and strangle both the living and the
not-yet born.  Vampiric capital and undead corporate persons abuse
the lives and control the thoughts of homo faber. Ideas, once born,
become abortifacients against new conceptions.