more_itertools.interleave(*iterables)[source]

Return a new iterable yielding from each iterable in turn, until the
shortest is exhausted.

>>> list(interleave([1, 2, 3], [4, 5], [6, 7, 8]))
[1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 7]

For a version that doesn’t terminate after the shortest iterable is
exhausted, see interleave_longest().

If you want just the same item interleaved, use itertools.repeat().  This
approach gets you VASTLY more than the suggestion, but includes it as a
trivial case.

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 10:09 PM Matthias Görgens <
matthias.goerg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is sometimes a nice function to have. For example, Haskell has a
> similar function:
> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.18.0.0/docs/Data-List.html#v:intercalate
> that I use in real code every once in a while.
>
> But I don't think you need to stick this function in the standard library.
> A third party library works just as well.
>
> The only thing missing is that you can't use the
> `my_list.function_name(other_arguments)| syntax easily, and will call as
> `function_name(my_list, other_arguments)`. But that seems a small price to
> pay.
>
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2023, 08:00 Samuel Muldoon, <muldoonsam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To Whom it May Concern,
>>
>> Python's `str` class has a method named `join`
>>
>> I was wondering if a future release of python could have a `list.join`
>> which behaves in a similar fashion.
>>

>> *result = [99].join([1, 2, 3])print(result)# prints [1, 99, 2, 99, 3]*
>>

>> *Samuel Muldoon*
>>
>> *(720) 653 -2408*
>>
>> *muldoonsam...@gmail.com <muldoonsam...@gmail.com>*

>> Message archived at
>> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/FWF5WSSUQLLCJNZZ3V3KZITNT5KBSWPE/

> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/W7PBHDCIGJM7DOS5SQHSC5RGBYWNVS3V/

The dead increasingly dominate and strangle both the living and the
not-yet born.  Vampiric capital and undead corporate persons abuse
the lives and control the thoughts of homo faber. Ideas, once born,
become abortifacients against new conceptions.