On 18/07/23 10:30 am, Dom Grigonis wrote:
Although, the argument that python is meant to be read as english is very much valid, but I do not see why it has to be an overarching one if the opportunity cost of it is too great in other dimensions.

It's not overarching. Many things in Python don't read like English,
and nobody is suggesting changing them to be more English-like.

I think you've got it backwards here. The fact that it reads like
English is just a possible explanation of why many people find it more
readable. The fact that people (well, just Guido at that time) find it
readable is the reason it was chosen, not beause it's English-like.

--
Greg