Please don't e-mail me personally. Stay on the mailing list!

mete bilgin wrote:
> 2008/9/26 Michael Ströder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
>
>     mete bilgin wrote:
>     > i'm trying to connect ldap into python. when i give it to true
>     username
>     > and password, nothing going wrong...But i try to wrong password ,the
>     > server shutdown...How can i pass that.
>
>     What does "the server shutdown" mean exactly. Is it stopped?
>
> yes it's stopped
> [..]
> Sep 26 14:12:27 localhost klogd: slapd[24032]: segfault at 1f ip
> b7c61790 sp b6cf9a40 error 4 in libdb-4.6.so
> <http://libdb-4.6.so>[b7bcc000+13a000]

This looks like a bug in OpenLDAP. It has nothing to with python-ldap. I
already saw this myself yesterday when doing SASL/EXTERNAL bind. It's on
my to-do-list to track this down and report to OpenLDAP's ITS if I find
some spare time. You could help if you clarify this on openldap-software
mailing and file an ITS.

Ciao, Michael.