Michael,

I went to check my patch to provide msgid in a result exception against
2.3.10.
I have found a problem on constants.c

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DHAVE_SASL -DHAVE_TLS
-DLDAPMODULE_VERSION=2.3.10 -IModules -I/usr/local/openldap-2.3/include
-I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c Modules/constants.c -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/Modules/constants.o
Modules/constants.c: In function ‘LDAPinit_constants’:
Modules/constants.c:185: error: ‘LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_PROTOCOL_MIN’ undeclared
(first use in this function)
Modules/constants.c:185: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
Modules/constants.c:185: error: for each function it appears in.)

This error is repeatable with a pristine checkout before I applied my patch.

This #define is not present in libldap2-dev 2.4.9-0ubuntu0 (Which ships with
Ubuntu Hardy), but is present in libldap2-dev 2.4.17-2 (Debian Sid).

I am currently disinclined to update libldap2 until a new ubuntu LTS is
released, but I do make use of python-virtualenv when I need a python
environment that is newer than the one that ships with ubuntu Hardy.

Thanks,
Chris Dukes