At 07:07 PM 12/5/2004, Alfred Canoy wrote:
Please help me out:(.. I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now..
I don't know what to use to print all the list of numbers. I hve know idea how should I do this. I tried a lot of trial & error for the the def, dict, .list( ). have no luck.
I just need to find this out then I'm good to go for the whole thing. I have save the other test source code for this problem. I just need to combine it after I figure this out.
Thank you all!

Source code:

# compute the Mean, Median & Mode of a list of numbers:

sum = 0.0

print 'This program will take several numbers then average them'
count = input(' How many numbers would you like to sum: ')
current_count = 0
freq = {}
freq [current_count] = number

while current_count < count:
   current_count = current_count + 1
   number = input ('Enter a number: ')
   print "Number", current_count,":",number
   sum = sum + number
print " [x,...,x] ?"

It's hard to respond since there is so much amiss in your code. Inside the while loop you need to append each user entry to a list. Then you can print the list. Have you studied list operations in a tutorial?

Also it is unclear what you intend by freq [current_count] = number. There is no variable named "number" at that point in the program, so the program should crash at that statement. I think you want that statement inside the loop also, although it is not doing anything useful. If you want to capture frequencies you need to use the number as a dictionary key, and increment the value under that key.

Clean things up as best you can then come back for the next round.

Bob Gailer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
303 442 2625 home
720 938 2625 cell