On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:07:42 +1000, Nick Coghlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

McCarty, Greg wrote:
Ok, I'm new to python, and I'm trying to come to grips with a few things.
Got
lots of years of experience with Java and asp/aspx, etc. Trying to relate
Python's behavior to what I already know.

You may find the following a useful overview of how class & instance attributes work:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-November/251782.html

(Keep in mind that I'm only considering 'normal' attributes in that message - it covers the behaviour in most cases, but not quite all. When things stop behaving as you expect based on this description, the relevant word is almost certainly "descriptors")

Cheers,
Nick.

www.norvig.com has some insightfull comparisons of Java, Lisp and Python