Here is something I would try but don't have the guts for:

If you could write an extension to idle (yes, idle, not Boa, not Eric, etc) that pops up a small list of possible completions in a listbox when you type a '.' (period) after any object name or module name (including builtins), that would be *awesome*. I have been very spoilt by Delphi in this regard. Some kind of code that does partial compiles in the background to analyse code for members would be sweet.