phil wrote:

[...]

> 5. Sorry I can't be more help. You don't give anyone much > to go on. All that stuff about "Queue(0)" and "listenq" > is pretty much meaningless to us, you know...

You know, I get this all the time on language support groups.

This might be a clue.

All of my Linux support groups, if they don't understand, say
why and ask for elaboration.  I tried to explain what was going on,
without incuding the source.  I have about 200 man hours in the source
and I bet it would take longer to understand it.
If my explanation was insufficient, I'm sorry.

It *was* pretty sketchy. Basically you shouldn't expect people to debug code they can't see. There are some very able programmers active on this newsgroup, but their psychic abilities are limited :-)

ALSO, you did not respond to my email, so I didn't know how to reply.
There is nothing on the archives page which gives me a clue as to
how to respond.

Once yo post in the newsgroup (or mailing list) then use of the same channel is advisable.

SO, if there is ZERO chance there is some sort of inadvertent lock
occuring in saved byte code, I just kludge around and move on.
Maybe 2.4

If you suspect the problem is a bug in Python then you might consider searching the bugs database on sourceforge. If nobody's reported a bug then you are being very optimistic assuming that migrating to 2.4 will fix the problem.

Thanks.