Daniel Bickett wrote:

If the focus is only on printed books and there is some experience with
programming, "programming python" by Lutz from O'Reilly might be a good
one.

I saw that book today at Barnes and Noble, and found it curiously ironic that it had a very large mouse on the cover :) But maybe that's just me.

Daniel Bickett

Yes it is somewhat ironic. I do think that a snake or something closer to a long, tube-like, legless animal will be more suitable. I have absolutely no idea how animals are chosen in O'Reilly.

maurice

begin:vcard
fn:Maurice Ling
n:Ling;Maurice
org:The University of Melbourne;Department of Zoology
adr:;;Gate 12, Genetics Lane;Parkville;Victoria;3010;Australia
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Probatory Ph.D. Candidate
tel;cell:+61 4 22781753
x-mozilla-html:FALSE