Egor Bolonev wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:57:50 -0500, Francis Lavoie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do we need a special account or something to use the newsgroup instead of the mailling list?

why we use newsgroup instead of mailing list?

1. to keep my mail separated from the python discussion.
And this mailinglist/newsgroup is quite big, 150 messages a day, is a lot of mail to go trough.
It is easier to delete all mail without deleting my own one when I want to. Sometime there's subject I dont have answer or dont interest me. Othertime I'm tired or I didn't check my mail for a couple of day and it has become huge.
2. Better and faster search. Has I said, I dont want to keep all these mail in my mail box
3. I don't want to be notice 2 time per minute for mail. I prefer using it like a forum

>Yes, you have to find an NNTP server that carries comp.lang.python. It's possible your Internet service provider runs such a news server and will let you access it as a part of your subscription (this is the case for me). If not then you'll have to contract with a third party news service (some of htese are available for free).

>regards
> Steve

thank you, I was not well informed on how it does work. I though it was like a mailinglist or jabber like, just add it in your news section and it will connect directly on a news server. But it work now.