Jeff Shannon wrote:

Judging from this, I think that os.environ['USERPROFILE'] seems like it may do what you want, though os.environ['APPDATA'] might be useful as well. Of course, if you're trying to get something to work cross-platform, things may be more difficult -- but that's because Windows doesn't normally use ~ so its use is not supported very well. You may be able to create a $HOME that's equivalent to $USERPROFILE...

Both problems solved! The .pth seems like the best solution for the first one, and for the expanduser("~") I just added a $HOME variable to the Environment variables of WinXP. Simple solutions. Thanks Jeff

Amir