[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Now, in jdbc.py I have

#jdbc.py
class DataSource:
def __init__(self, servername):
self.servername = servername

def create(name, connectionInfo, etc):
#Call the IBM supplied WebSphere config object
AdminConfig.create('DataSource')

Run it and get a name error, which, makes sense.
If I try to use the standard import solution as deelan suggests I have
a circular reference on the imports and I get an error that it can't
import class DataSource (presumbably because it hasn't gotten far
enough through jdbc.py to realize that there's a DataSource class
defined.

How about you try this?

def create(name, connectionInfo, ...):
   from configure_server_foo import AdminConfig
   AdminConfig.create('DataSource')

This way, jdbc.py won't try to import configure_server.foo until create() is called. By deferring that import, you should be able to avoid the circular import problem...

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International