Fredrik Lundh wrote:

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

yeah actually i saw what Fedrik had to say above. I created a sliced
copy of the l & did my homework within the for loop

You might want to check it again before you hand it in ;) ...

that's not the code he quoted in the mail you replied to, though...

Ah, my mistake, I missed the [:] after the source argument that was taking a copy... which brings up the question, how many other people would miss it? Guess it's just a matter of how often you see the pattern, so you begin to expect the [:] and either look for it or take it for granted (hmm, another source of bugs?).

Apologies for any unnecessary alarm,
Mike