Bernd Schmidt wrote:

Thomas Bartkus schrieb:

When run under Linux, my wxPython programs follow the look and feel of my
Gnome desktop. When the same program is run on Windows, it follows that
desktop theme. Both Gnome and Windows XP alter the the controls design
according to user preferences. wxPython GUIs reflect this automatically and
the controls always look and work like the underlying system.

Sure, but on my Linux, I use KDE, never Gnome, other people use Windowmaker or something else. wxPython with KDE-Look? What is the native look with wxPython and KDE? I don't think there is something like this, and the problem is that there isn't a free QT on Windows.

Bernd

Well, of course, the problem with X Window has always been when you ran an application built using one toolkit under a window manager built using another. *Then* the ugliness is due to the fact that different parts of the window are decorated by different toolkits. That's always going to be ugly.

remembering-motif-under-open-windows-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119