David Bolen wrote:
Scott David Daniels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
    while test() != False:
         ...code...
I'm not sure I follow the "error" in this snippet...

The code is "fat" -- clearer is: while test(): ...code...

The right sequence using lambda is:
     d = some_deferred_function()
     d.addCallback(next_function)
     d.addCallback(lambda blah: third_function(otherargs, blah))
     d.addCallback(last_function)
By what metric are you judging "right"?

By a broken metric that requires you to mis-understand the original code in the same way that I did. It was an idiotic response that required more careful reading than I am doing this morning. The thing I've seen in too much code (and though I saw in your code) is code like:

   requires_function(lambda: function())

rather than:

   requires_function(function)

It happens quite often, and I'm sure you've seen it.  But I got your
code wrong, and for that I apologize.

--Scott David Daniels
[EMAIL PROTECTED]