Hello,

Alex Martelli wrote:

The DictMixin class from the UserDict module is *not* deprecated -- only
the UserDict class from the same module.  (If you found info saying
otherwise pls provide a URL: the info is wrong and I'll try to get it
fixed -- thanks!).  DictMixin's purpose is exactly as you state: letting
you make a complete mapping class out of one which only supplies the
very basics, by mix-in inheritance.

If UserDict is deprecated why is it still used in the os module ? (in python V. 2.4)

The std lib should be a good example for python coding, if something
is deprecated it should not be used in the std lib.

Some weeks ago I had ten minutes of spare time and rewrote the 'os' module to use dict and there was no problem with it.
But due to lack of time I was not able to run tests and submitted no patch. I will try this next week.

bye by Wolfgang