Hi,

I have just written a python module to program the M232 measurement unit from elv.
It has 8 digital I/O and 6 analog ports (0-5V). Works fine, although it is a little bit slow (0,2 s to measure)
Furthermore the digital ports do not have enough power to switch a relay directly, I had to do it with additional transistors.
It controls my heating together with a python program an a eletric motor / gearbox and some sensors.

german store:

http://www.elv.de/

Type M232 into the search field.

english:

http://www.elv.de/shopping/elvcom/

If you are intersted in the python code, just drop a note.

--
Greg

Fuzzyman wrote:
I have a friend who would like to move and program lights and other
electric/electro-mechanical devices by computer. I would like to help -
and needless to say Python would be an ideal language for the
'programmers interface'.

What I'd like is an electronic interface that connects to several
relays and a python extension module to switch on and off the relays.
I've had a quick google and can't see anything too similar to what I
want. pyro (python robotics) seems to require expensive (relatively)
robotic equipment.

Does anyone know anything *similar* to what I have in mind, or have
alternative suggestions ?
Regards,

Fuzzy