Mirko Zeibig wrote:
This is not an option for e.g. IDEs as some functions might actually do something when called ;-) and I like `callable` for introspection.

Other ways would be to check for the `__call__` attribute or use several methods of the `inspect`-Module, both of which are not better than `callable` IMHO.

I totally agree with you. The callable function could be moved to a module and be built-in, but it cannot really be removed. Calling a callable and know if an object is a callable without calling it is definitely not the same thing.

Regards,
Nicolas