What is the best way to web developemnt with Python? Is there anything close to PHP style in-page script placement that can create and use other Python objects? I am not really interested in Zope (I believe that is more a CMS than anything else?) I am also looking for something a little more structured than a series of CGI Scripts.

While on the topic - what is the expectataion of Python for this kind of stuff? Would one use Python for certain other things but turn to PHP for web apps - or would one use their Python skills in place of PHP?

TIA