AdSR wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi.

I have one recorset that I would like to pass to 2 functions, one is
for create an CSV file and the other one is to create a HTML file. The
problem is that the recordset is totally read in the first function,
and then when I pass it to the second funtion the recordset is in the
last record.

I've read docs, but I think that one cursor doesn't have something
like movefirst() method. Anybody have an idea to solve this?

Thank's.

Try loading the whole recordset with the fetchall() method and use the resulting sequence in your functions. It won't be memory-efficient but it will be easy to do.

AdSR

Or, if this doesn't suit, try creating two separate cursors from the same connection and execute the same query on each. There's some chance that your database driver/backend combination will optimize the queries then.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119