Aahz wrote:
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Tony Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think I've seen such a statement before - the stuff I've seen
all indicates that one should be submitting proper LaTeX docs/patches.
If plain-text contributions are welcome, could this be added to the doc
about contributing to the docs?  (I suppose I could submit a patch, but
that seems overkill <wink>).

It *is* in the docs now -- see the top of
http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/doc/doc.html

It's also spelled out pretty clearly in the "About this document" document you get by clicking on the link at the bottom of every page.

Kent

(This has been the official policy for some time, but you're right that it wasn't earlier documented. So I filed a bug report. ;-) If you think this still isn't enough, file another.)