rbt wrote:

How can I use ftplib to retrieve files when I do not know their names? I can do this to get a listing of the directory's contents:

ftp_server.retrlines('LIST')

The output from this goes to the console and I can't figure out how to turn that into something I can use to actually get the files (like a list of file names). I read a bit about the callback function that can be passed to retrlines but I couldn't figure out how to use it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

<ftp object>.nlst(argument) will return a list of file names. Here are the docs for the nlst command:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/ftp-objects.html

HTH,

Jeremy Jones