I’ve seen these messages too on AIX 5.2.

It seems to come from doing an “import” on piped/fork processes with a python parent.  (In particular import errno)

I don’t know the “proper” solution but I got rid of the messages (similar messages came up when I ran my app) by

hacking Python/thread_pthread.h.  There’s a CHECK_STATUS macro the does a perror if any of the sem_* functions don’t return

an acceptable status.

I just commented out the perror (didn’t seem to hurt the python tests or my app) but I hope that someone more knowledgeable about

Python internals might tell me if a more serious problem is looming.

--- warren.