Ed Leafe wrote:
I'm trying to make a Windows runtime for Dabo, and I want to exclude the framework code itself from the exe file, so that people can update with new releases as they are made. The relevant section of setup.py has:

setup(
        # The first three parameters are not required, if at least a
        # 'version' is given, then a versioninfo resource is built from
        # them and added to the executables.
        version = "0.3.0",
        description = "Dabo Runtime Engine",
        name = "daborun",
        # targets to build
        console = ["daborun.py"],
        #exclude the actual framework
        options = { "py2exe": {"excludes" : ["dabo"]} },
        )

Yet the generated library.zip still contains all of the Dabo module code. Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

Just a guess: What happens if you remove everything that's in the "build" directory before running setup.py? There may still be files around from an earlier build that *did* include the Dabo modules.

--
Vincent Wehren

___/ / __/ / ____/ Ed Leafe http://leafe.com/ http://dabodev.com/