Charlie wrote:
Hi,

The description of Python always mentions "very high level dynamic data
types". Now, I can't seem to find any examples of these (nothing
described with this term anyway). Is this simply refering to built-in
dynamic data structures such as lists and dictionaries, with a great
deal of operators defined on? Or is there something else meant by
"dynamic data types" in Python?

Regards,

Charlie

I've always thought of it like this... in C, we have to do something like this when declaring a variable:

int x = 0;

We had to specifically tell the language compiler that x is an integer. In Python, all we have to do is:

x = 0

The interpretor knows that x is an integer. We can also change the type like this:

str(x)
float(x)
long(x)

etc...

To me, this is why Python types are called dynamic. They are easy to setup and easy to modify when compared to older, more static languages.

Bye